Products of other enterprises
- Tall clump-forming perennial with a thick taproot and oblanceolate toothed leaves.
- Bears clusters of sky-blue( occasionally pink or white) flowers throughout summer.
- The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs).
- Can grow in any well-drained soil.
- Full sun.
- Flowers can be added to salad.
- Leaves, flowers, roots, sap.
- The root is best harvested in autumn.
- The leaves are harvested as the plant comes into flower.
- Chicory resembles the dandelion in its medicinal action.
- Like dandelion, it also has diuretic properties and can be used for treating rheumatism and gout, because it eliminates uric acid from the body.
- A tincture made from the whole plant has an anti-inflammatory activity.
- Has a tonic affect upon the liver and digestive tract.
- A decoction of the root has proved to be of benefit in the treatment of jaundice, liver enlargement, gout and rheumatism.
- A decoction of the freshly harvested plant is used for treating gravel.
- The plant is used in Bach flower remedies - the keywords for prescribing it are 'Possessiveness', 'Self-love' and 'Self-pity'
- Chicory is well known for its toxicity to internal parasites - used over the world as a forage supplement for farm animals.
Contact the seller
We recommend to see